Killer IB Microeconomics Revision Notes
EVERYTHING you need to know and NOTHING that you don’t – put together by an examiner.
Hello IB Warrior, I know economics revision can be a real struggle and that’s exactly why I’m here: to help you.
Can’t find useful revision notes?
What examiners want to see
The problem why many students get lost in their revision, is that they don’t have a clue about what the IB wants them to know.
If only you knew what the IB examiners want to see on your exam paper… Well, perhaps I can help!
I’m giving you IB Econ revision notes, which are:
Answering ALL the official IB Economics syllabus questions
Online: everything in one place, searchable
Full of real life examples, to the point explanations
Neat and accurate diagrams, beautiful pictures
Produced by an examiner about what you really need to know
What IB Econ students say about the notes
Hey, I love the notes comes handy as the exams are approaching. Cool that you answer all the IB questions. Thanks!
What it looks like
Based on the official IB economics syllabus
The IB econmics exams are based on the IB Econ Guide. In that document, the syllabus contains all the questions that the IB wants you to know.
In these notes, questions by question, I answer everything that might come up in the exam. If you know the answers to these questions, there will be no surprise in the exams.
Detailed breakdown of notes:
this is what you get
- Market equilibrium
- The role of the price mechanism
- Market efficiency
- Price elasticity of demand (PED)
- Cross price elasticity of demand (XED)
- Income elasticity of demand (YED)
- Price elasticity of supply (PES)
- Indirect taxes
- Price controls
- The meaning of market failure
- Types of market failure
- Negative externalities of production and consumption
- Positive externalities of production and consumption
- Lack of public goods
- Common access resources and the threat to sustainability
- Asymmetric information [HL only]
- Abuse of monopoly power [HL only]
- Production and costs
- Goals of firms
- Perfect competition
- Monopolistic competition
- Price discrimination
Get everything you need to know and nothing that you don’t.
About the author
My name is Daniel Szekely and I work as an IB Economics tutor, examiner and teacher. Having earned an MA degree in Economics at the University of Aberdeen, I became a financial analyst at Morgan Stanley, one of the largest investment banks of the world. Yet, despite the promising career prospects of the banking industry, I decided to make a larger social impact by becoming a teacher.
I’ve been teaching specifically IB Economics for over 5 years and currently I’m a teacher at SEK Budapest International School. I started EconDaddy as a simple blog to share great articles with students taking IB Economics around the world to use for their commentaries. Being an IB Economics examiner, I’m the one sitting on the other end after the exams are taken, so I truly know how to boost my students marks at school and make them ace the exams.
Daniel Szekely, IB Economics tutor
#1 Get the Commentary PDF Guide as a gift when purchasing notes
All students who buy these notes will receive a copy of my PDF Guide about mastering commentaries at no extra charge.
This is normally sold for €19.99.
#2 Early bird offer: 50% discount on all new notes
All students who buy Microeconomics notes are entitled to a 50% discount of my upcoming notes on macroeconomics, international economics and development economics.
- Macroeconomics: April 2018
- International Economics: June 2018
- Development Economics July 2018
#3 Get the notes for FREE
All of my students who apply for private tutoring (min. 5 lessons) get the notes at no extra costs.
How much does all this cost?
No hidden costs. One-off payment. 2 years access.
- Includes ALL Micro syllabus questions at SL
- Includes ALL Micro syllabus questions at HL
This is less than how much you spend for a good night out – but perhaps a better investment. What’s more, I’m giving you a money back guarantee.
Money back guarantee
No questions asked.
Order IB Microeconomics Revision Notes
What you need to do to get the notes
- Fill out the form below. Make sure you give your email correctly as that’s the one I will share the notes with. All fields are required.
- Pay by using your credit/debit card.
- Check your email – a confirmation email will arrive in a couple of minutes (check spam folder too).
- Sign up to RealtimeBoard.com – using the email address you provided. No need to set up a ‘Team Account’. The notes will be shared with you.
- Open the Microeconomics Notes and master your revision. All the best!